Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cal vs. All Blues

It's amazing how differently a team can play on any given day. The caliber of play this past Thurs. night against the All Blues was so much higher than when we played St. Mary's. We lost but we pressured them like mad and we even scored. There were some amazing individual moments. There were great punches, good decision making, and one of our girls juked Laura Cabrera...TWICE. We also played well together. Something clicked and it just looked smooth. Plus, no injuries!

This game gave me a lot more confidence going into playoffs. I have been worried about numbers and how we would deal with having some of our regulars in the gimp club but this game showed that we can still play with the best of them. Spring break will give everyone a breather and then hopefully we'll come back ready to crank it out.

I had my surgery Tues. and it went well. It wasn't the 3 day misery that I thought it would be. In fact the worst pain was in my back from having to lie with my leg up for so long. I'm on crutches but I can already put some weight on it and the swelling has gone down some. Now if only I could get all the yellow streaks from the iodine off.

I'm not a big fan of the new erugbynews.com. I liked the simple layout of Goff.

2 comments:

KLK said...

a-men to that...grats against the all blues...shit I'd be trembling in my boots against them. Quick recovery from the knife eh?

Anonymous said...

I agree with your statement about erugbynews website. I feel the new site gives womens rugby less importance. This weekend, after having lost to Stanford, they did do a write-up on the game. However, when I tried to locate the women's college standings I could no longer find them. There is no link to women's college rugby, everytime I click on the women's link it takes you to club teams, and the college link only gives you men's articles. The Goff-on-Rugby site was not as nicely layed out as the new site, but you could find articles about your team sitting right next to articles about USA Rugby and the collegiate standings were on the front page. I feel that something must be corrected about the new site to give women's colleges everywhere the importance that the old Goff site gave to them.

Tara