Saturday, January 13, 2007

Double Days, Slugs, and Heights

Double Days were a lot of fun. The twice a day practices made us all sore but we worked hard and also got some good bonding time in. The firewalk was a lot of fun too and a great way to jump start the week.

Saturday was the annual clinic and friendly with UCSC. It was a clear, chilly day and compared with the torential downpour of last year it felt like paradise. The clinic lasted two hours and mostly just covered the basics of passing and such. The game lasted for 90 minutes played in three periods. We started off sloppy but steadily improved over the course of the game and in the last few minutes we were playing beautifully. We won just barely with a score of 27-26 but it's an improvement over last year when we lost. Also, everyone who wasn't a gimp got playing time which was cool and since various people switched positions during double days this was an adjustment game for some.

I have officially become a scrumhalf. I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of months I got switched to something else but for now I think I'll mainly be put in at scrumhalf. I played during the second period and it felt odd. I'm certainly not used to it. I don't run like a back but I also don't ruck like a forward. It's an weird combo of the two. And I completely flubbed a penalty play which now is semi funny but at the moment made me want to kick myself.

Sunday was our ropes course team bonding event. I got a lot of splinters but like last year I really enjoyed leaping around in the air.

DOUBLE DAYS ARE OVER. Let the season begin!

No comments: