Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Falling back in love...

I have to admit that I've been a bit bummed out about rugby lately. Mostly it's because I'm still battling injuries and it's hard to remain 100% positive when it seems like nothing will ever heal. Also, school has been super stressful what with me getting sick and having midterms so it's been hard to attend practice knowing that I should be studying. Tonight was different. I still have a midterm tomorrow but I'm positively giddy about rugby. Tonight at practice we did tackling and then general motion play for the first time with the rookies. Practice was just a huge confidence booster. My tackling still needs major work but I got a good hit tonight that just reminded me that I can handle it. Then during the general motion play I was the one directing the rookie flyhalf and outside center. It just felt good to be reminded that I know this game and that I still love it. Until today I was really nervous about our game Saturday. Now I'm just excited to get out there and play again. I don't even care that I'll be playing in a position I've never played in before. Maybe I'll love inside center and I'll have finally found a position home. If not, baby 8 is always there for me.

No comments: