Sunday, October 22, 2006

Beantown

Yesterday was our game against Beantown's b-side. The All Blues first played at 10. They won but Beantown put up an impressive fight. Our game was scheduled to start at 12 but actually started around 12:15. It was a hard game and we lost 12-27 but we have a lot to be proud of. It was our lack of fitness that eventually allowed them to really pull ahead but that's to be expected since we're at the beginning of our season and they're at the end of theirs. We did the basics well and we pressured their backs into fumbling the ball quite a bit. Now we need to work on solid defense and getting to the break downs in time.

From a personal perspective, I was actually really pleased with this game. I went in at the half at outside center, a position I'd only played once before for about 20 minutes. I missed tackles and was breathless but I was able to do some good things and my legs held up which was what I was really worried about. Everything else can be improved as long as the injuries stay healed.

No comments: