Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Countdown to Sweet 16s

We're leaving Thursday evening for Albuquerque (Seriously, Albuquergue? A balloon park, wtf?). Between now and then I have several chapters to read, people I need to talk to, laundry to do, classes to sign up for, a resume to write and oh yea...a midterm. Wheee. Not that I'm not extremely excited. I'm just going to be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off until I get on that plane.

We'll arrive late Thursday night. On Friday, we'll have a short walk through and then just rest and maybe catch a game or two. Our game against Texas A&M will be at 9 o'clock Saturday morning. Whether we win or lose, our second game will be on Sunday at 8:30 am. Our opponent will either be Navy or Vassar.

Everyone has been going really hard at practice which is nice to see. We're just trying to do some last minute tune ups.

I don't quite know how to feel about Texas A&M. We are clearly the underdogs but that doesn't bother me. Honestly, we face some of the hardest teams in the nation during regular league season so I don't think they'll have anything that we haven't already seen. It will be whether or not we come out hard, and play smart. I'm not saying they're not good. I'm sure they are but between Stanford, Chico, Davis and even Reno and Humboldt, we've seen heart, speedy backs, scary forwards, and everything else. We've seen it; we know how to and can deal with it; we just have to do it. With us you never quite know which team is going to take the field. Anyways, like our coach said, we have to win because it just wouldn't be Sweet 16s without us playing a military school.

I'm really interested in how the whole 48 teams in one place is going to work. It's cool that they put everyone together. I never understood why they made half the the DI teams go to one state and the other half to another but I'm also not entirely sure that 48 teams is manageable. I'm ready for it to be a bit chaotic.

Good luck to all the NorCal schools!
Good luck to the Cal men, Stanford, Chico, and Davis!
Also, positive thoughts for Santa Cruz!
And for Claremont because that's my hometown!
And for UCLA because I'll always be a SoCal girl!
Finally, lots of good luck to US! Yay, we're going to nationals!

Now that I've used enough exclamation points to rival a middle school girl talking about her first crush, I'm going to go study. Tchau tchau.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.